Here are some miscellaneous things I’ve been looking at on the web.
- Nelson Rockefeller’s son Michael goes missing in New Guinea – (in the 1960s) was he the victim of an alligator or the unfortunate victim of reprisal by locals?
- 50 great pubs in England and Wales – “Pub…ah, yes, A meeting place where people attempt to reach advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.” – Kryten from Red Dwarf. Here are some good ones, according to the Telegraph.
- How Books Work – good for a laugh.
- Mark Twain Project – one of my favorite sites.
- Reading Charles Dickens – one man’s attempt to read all Dickens, all the time, for one year.
- 10 Classic Books that have somehow been turned into ballets – Really? Tip o’ the hat to Lapham’s Quarterly’s tumblr.
The pub where C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and their circle (The Inklings) attempted to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence while reading their works to one another. I’ve had a drink here. It’s pretty cool.